Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Page 135

My week 24 of the SYAO...and still alive. :-)

I used:
staples
ribbon
chipboard
bird
3+patterned paper
3 flowers

and I tore the edges of the paper and inked the background paper (stitching was already on it, can't take credit, but I do love it)

best part...nothing new bought for this page...everything was in my stash...I love my little steampunk gears for flower centers...kinda makes it more masculine.  The boys were headed off to a bar mitzvah without mom and dad (their first of many without us, I'm sure), it just felt weird not going with them.  They had fun...and I got an date with Mark. :-)

3 comments:

A little bit about me and my life... said...

nice layout .. i love the flower centers .. didn't notice them till you pointed them out .. also love that you used the bird too and the page does still like masculine! nicely done!

Lela said...

Great job with this sketch! It is fun to use stash and have the perfect time to finish the page

Kim said...

Good job staying with SYAO! Love how you used the stitced paper- I have some stashed away, too; maybe now I'll feel inspired to put it to use!